Friday, November 23, 2007

Notre Dame du Haut, Ronchamp France





Well, it has been awhile since I have had a free moment to add my thoughts and pictures to this site! Things are hectic here in Strasbourg but winding down, and now that half of the students have left for a free weekend I can catch up with my notes on all of our adventures.

On the 3rd of November, our little group made a pilgrimage to Notre Dame du Haut by the famous architect Le Corbusier. Alan Hing, the interior design instrutor, arranged a private bus to take us to see this architectural masterpiece of the 20th century. All of the interior design students and a few others and myself spent a couple hours enjoying this modern cathedral.
After looking all around the interior and exterior of the church, the grounds in general, and making friends with some architecture students from Virginia Tech, we hopped back on the bus and returned home to the Chateau.

No comments: